We provide care, compassion and emergency needs when disaster strikes.
Support for Military Families: We support members of the military, veterans and their families in coping, connecting and obtaining financial assistance.
Health & Safety Training & Education: We train individuals, families and organizations with lifesaving skills and emergency and disaster preparedness information.
Lifesaving Blood: We collect and distribute more than 40 percent of America’s blood supply.
International Services: We are a global leader in responding to emergencies, preparing for disasters, preventing disease and promoting humanitarian values.
Our work in 2012 (Central Virginia Chapter):
- 97 disaster responses / 161 families assisted
- 1,250 disaster preparedness presentations
- Instructed 3,100 people in lifesaving skills (PHSS)
- Provided over 501 services and assistance to military families
- 90 community services provided